Welcome to Maranat Mana
Maranat Mana is a traditional Namboothiri Illam (Kerala Brahmin House-hold)which is situated in central Kerala at the foothills of the Western Ghats.Maranat Mana is one of the last imposing structures with “pathinaru kettu”(4 courtyards )built in the traditional Kerala architecture and vasthushastra, occupying a plinth area of 1 acre. Sitting pretty on an 8 acre plot filled with coconut, cashew, mango, jackfruit,nutmeg, vanilla and medicinal plants, it is home to a family of more than 30 members. Praveen Maranat your host aged 39, was in the merchant navy for the last 15 years. After sailing the seven seas and seeing the world I decided to come back to my roots. My wife Vidya is a post graduate in Maths, presently teaching in our primary school which is managed by the Maranat Mana Family Trust. We have one son and one daughter. We are staying with my parents while my two brothers are settled in Bangalore.
Maranat Mana, my ancestral home has many members and we are a closely knit joint family. Although we all don’t stay under one roof, our binding strength is our family diety “Lord Ganesha”.Devotees from far and near come here to offer their prayers and seek his blessings. Our ancestral home is a pathinarukettu (4 courtyards) and has a pathayapura (granary and guest house) which is a fully furnished 3-storey building where you will be staying as our guest.
We invite you to stay with us and experience and understand the rich namboothiri culture and tradition which is perhaps the only continuous linage of the age old Vedic traditions. We offer you one of the most original and unique experiences in “God’s own country”
We are very much interested to host Indology (India Specific Studies) students / researchers. We offer all guidance and assistance.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you into our midst
- Home made Kerala vegetarian cuisine
- Sight seeing trips
- Ayurvedic rejuvenating oil baths
- Yoga classes
- Good library and old manuscripts
- Watch traditional art forms and ceremonies in their true settings
- Internet connection
- International telephone dialing
- Doctor on call
a) Full medical and dental check up can be arranged on request
b) Specialized ayurvedic treatment can be arranged
- Folk and classical art form performances can be arranged on request
- A tour through our village
- Tour through our rubber plantations and spice gardens
- Visit top our sarpakavu (snake sanctuary)spread over 2 acres.
- Check in/check out 24 hours
- Experience a unique 30 minute train journey and get a feel of the local culture and people
- Shopping/travel arrangements/parcel sending can be arranged
P. O. Chembrassery, Pandikkad
Malappuram Dist, Kerala-676 521
Ph : 914931286252, 9495994250
e-mail : email@example.com